Welcome to Otaku Paradise, the place for anime and manga lovers to discuss their favorite animes or popular manga. We are a growing community and hope to welcome more members. Like what you see? Then register today!
Welcome to Otaku Paradise, the place for anime and manga lovers to discuss their favorite animes or popular manga. We are a growing community and hope to welcome more members. Like what you see? Then register today!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Otaku Paradise is no longer recruiting new staff members. Please keep checking back, applications may be reopened!  -Hamano

If you like being a member of Otaku Paradise, then why not tell your friends about us? You could earn 500 Paradise Coins per friend invited. Spread the word and help us become an active forum!

Lots of new features and stuff will be added soon to OP. If you have any ideas for new things to add, then post them in the subsection Suggestions & Ideas. All ideas are appreciated and will be put to good use for all to enjoy.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Teku`
Graphics Designer
Teku`

Paradise Coins : 18483

Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Empty
PostSubject: Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\   Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ EmptyApril 24th 2014, 11:55 am

Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Puella10

I'm currently watching (and I know, it's a bit late) Puella Magi Madoka Magica,
which has an unnecessarily long name. Probably the longest name, apart from the anime
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari-kouenmae hashutsujo. (o_O)

Anyway. It's amazing so far, and it really takes on a different, darker perspective of the whole 'mahou shoujo; magical girl' genre, with topics relating to witches, guns and even suicide. Although that doesn't take away from its natural cute theme.
The animation is spectacular in my opinion, it's so adorable and pink at times, and so dark at others - and the blu-ray version is more detailed and beautiful.
The characters so far are well-designed and their personalities are nice. Especially Kyuubey. . .  Kyuubey is totally adorable, I would trust him with my life~ who wouldn't love that cute . . soul-staring face? /人 ‿‿ 人\

Ahem - The current first opening theme is really catchy, and themes within the series are great.
If you enjoy a little twist on things, it's nice. I'm currently four episodes out of twelve episodes in, and it's lovely. c:
Back to top Go down
http://www.cccitytelegraph.weebly.com
keko-chan
Graphics Designer
keko-chan

Paradise Coins : 18432

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\   Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ EmptyApril 25th 2014, 4:58 pm

I freaking hate that anime, it ended horribly. do yourself a favor and stop watching it.
Back to top Go down
Teku`
Graphics Designer
Teku`

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\   Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ EmptyApril 26th 2014, 1:15 am

keko-chan wrote:
I freaking hate that anime, it ended horribly. do yourself a favor and stop watching it.
I've heard there's three movies after the anime, which sum up the ending or something. I didn't finish it, but I plan on watching the movies when I have.
Back to top Go down
keko-chan
Graphics Designer
keko-chan

Paradise Coins : 18432

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\   Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ EmptyApril 28th 2014, 2:16 am

Teku` wrote:
keko-chan wrote:
I've heard there's three movies after the anime, which sum up the ending or something. I didn't finish it, but I plan on watching the movies when I have.
Yeah, it's just that, it was really depressing and sad, not really my type of anime, there's not really a way that they could make the ending better.
i'm okay with depressing animes, but that was just too much, like, omg, can't think about it. lol
Back to top Go down
Hamano
Founder
Founder
Hamano

Paradise Coins : 19825

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\   Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ EmptyApril 30th 2014, 9:48 pm

I got to watch the first episode today at Anime Club. Very Happy Seemed pretty badass but still cute IMO. :3
Back to top Go down
https://otakuparadise.niceboard.com
Teku`
Graphics Designer
Teku`

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\   Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ EmptyApril 30th 2014, 10:28 pm

Meiko wrote:
I got to watch the first episode today at Anime Club. Very Happy Seemed pretty badass but still cute IMO. :3
I'm so jealous that you have an Anime Club. :c
Lol, and yeah. It's really cool, but super dark at times.
Back to top Go down
Hamano
Founder
Founder
Hamano

Paradise Coins : 19825

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\   Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ EmptyApril 30th 2014, 10:38 pm

Teku` wrote:
Meiko wrote:
I'm so jealous that you have an Anime Club. :c
Lol, and yeah. It's really cool, but super dark at times.
So true, there were a couple of dark scenes but I like the story so far. ^^ Don't be jealous, Teku.
Back to top Go down
https://otakuparadise.niceboard.com
Aikawa
Newbie Otaku
Aikawa

Paradise Coins : 17851

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\   Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ EmptyJuly 26th 2014, 7:35 am

PMMM is by my favorite anime studio, Shaft, and even despite that I didn't really enjoy it as much as others did. I'd heard a lot of people praising it so I went in expecting it to be revolutionary, but it ended up being dull in comparison to my expectations. It's a shame because I love a lot of the aspects of it but it wasn't really new to me and I felt like some of the characters weren't really developed properly. I still haven't watched the movies but I've seen some scenes that seem good so I'll give them a try.

With that said, the animation and the darker scenes were brilliant. Even cheerful songslike the cake song from the third movieseem really eerie due to the setting and it's kind of awesome. The cute works well with that too. I'd say altogether it was good but not great.

Did you end up finishing it? How'd you like it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\   Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Empty

Back to top Go down

Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Otaku Island :: Anime & Manga-
Jump to: